Access the directory for Community micro enterprises
What is a Community Micro-enterprise?
A Community Micro-enterprise is a small, local business, that offers a service to support:
- Older people
- People with a disability
- People that want to improve their mental health & wellbeing.
A Community Micro-enterprise gives people more choice about their care and support and they offer a wide variety of support to help meet a person’s needs:
- Support at home - personal care, meals, cleaning, shopping, running errands
- Support you getting out and about in your community - activities, hobbies, therapies, learning new skills, day services, peer support.
Who would benefit from using Community Micro-enterprises and where can I find out what’s available?
Community Micro-enterprises offering care and support at home and activities in the community are a good option for people who:
- Can’t get the services or support they want and would like more or better flexible local options
- Have a clear idea about the support they need
- Are happy to direct their own care and support
Community Catalysts employ four Catalysts in Kent, aligned to each locality area; they are working with both new and existing enterprises to take them through a development programme and ensure they meet the “Doing it Right Standards” before adding them to the Small Good Stuff directory*. Using Small Good Stuff, a person can arrange their own support through a Community Micro-enterprise using either their direct payment or their own funds.
*Please note this link will take you to the directory on the Community Catalyst website. The organisations found on the Small Good Stuff directory have worked with Community Catalysts, their details have not been verified by Kent County Council.
How are Community Micro-enterprises paid?
Some Community Micro-enterprises may provide certain support free of charge, other support will need to be paid for via a Direct Payment or a person’s own funds.
I would like to employ someone to meet my needs, for example a Personal Assistant, how can I do this?
If you would rather directly employ someone to meet your needs, click here to please visit our personal assistant page
Useful Contacts & Information
Looking to start your own business with a care health or community focus?