Kent Connect to Support
Text size:

Alcohol, drugs and substance misuse

Getting help if you need it

⚠️ It's important to get medical help if you think you need it.

  • For help from a GP – use your GP surgery's website, use an online service or app, or call the surgery.
  • For urgent medical help – use the NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you're unable to get help online.
  • For life-threatening emergencies – call 999 for an ambulance.

If you're advised to go to hospital, it's important to go.

In Kent there are a number of organisations that provide drug and alcohol treatment, including:

  • advice and information
  • drop in services
  • structured treatment services
  • counselling
  • medical treatments for drug or alcohol withdrawal
  • harm reduction techniques and information.

Most adults starting treatment will refer themselves. This can be done through your GP, health professional or by contacting a local treatment centre. When you speak to the support services you will have someone who will get to know you and your situation so you have the right kind of treatment and help.

Alcohol and drug support and treatment services

Depending on where you live in Kent, you will be able to find support to help you.

For those living in East Kent (Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone and Hythe, Swale and Thanet) contact The Forward Trust.

Alternatively, you can use their free, confidential online chat service Reach Out. The online chat service is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm (excluding bank holidays).

Support for all of Kent

Through One You Kent local services, there are resources out there to support you reduce the amount of alcohol you drink.

Check out the apps and online information or fill in a referral form to speak to a One You Kent advisor. There are checks to see how much you’re drinking and the impact it could be having on your health. Go to:

Last updated: 23/02/2023