Kent Connect to Support
Text size:

Council housing

A council house, otherwise known as a local authority house, is a house that is owned by the local council and rented to people at a low rent. In Kent, these homes are owned by your local district or borough council.

You will need to go to your local district or borough council for housing advice. Find out which district or borough council area you live in.

Visit Kent Homechoice for more information about how to get on the housing register.

If you are disabled and would like to request a housing needs assessment, you will need to make sure that you are registered and have a bidding number from your local district or borough council before contacting Kent County Council adult social care.

Last updated: 09/03/2022