Kent Connect to Support
Text size:

Supported housing and Shared Lives

If you find living alone difficult, but you don't need 24-hour residential care, then supported housing may be right for you if you are between 18 and 55 years old.

Supported housing means you would live in a small area of housing which is managed by dedicated care staff. Staff would be available to help you during certain times of the day and night (times will vary between sites) and some of our supported housing properties also have personal or community alarms in case you need to call for help urgently. Most of the time, you would have your own small flat or room to yourself and also be able to use a communal area.

Some supported housing lets you share a family home with other people. We call this Shared Lives.

Depending on your situation, there are lots of different ways we could help you find a new home which gives you the support you need to live a more independent life. Supported housing can sometimes be the first step to getting back into your own home

If you think supported housing would be right for you or someone you care about you will need to go to Kent County Council Adult Social Care.

Shared Lives

Kent Shared Lives is a service run by Kent County Council and can only be accessed via them. Visit the Kent County Council website for further information.

Last updated: 14/03/2022